(You need not register on this page or About.com to share your reviews and opinions in this article.) Share Your Thoughts
- Alex Pagulayan said, "Oh, he is not a human... hahaha!". That tells you how great he is cuz Alex is already one of the best players in the world...
- —Guest Satoshi
- Pool has a very rich history of great world champions, so to choose the greatest is to some degree,very debatable...many believe that efren is the greatest because of his achievements but for me its his impact to the game of pool that makes him the greatest ever...his skill and pool knowledge is truly a stuff of legends...
- —Guest pool fan
ron dooley the best
- Ron Dooley trick shots all over facebook and you tube in my book he is the best hands down!
- —Guest jason
- because efren reyes is the best all-around around player.. and we're talking in pool here.
- —Guest mark kevin
- You guys blathering on about tournament wins and mult-ball runs really don't understand this game. Strictland, Siegel, Reyes, Hall, Mosconi. . . All these guys were incredible players on a different level than everyone else. But only one of them revolutionized the way the game is played through safe leaves and didn't just change the game through creativity, but would invent shots in the middle of games. This is only a debate if you don't have any idea what you're talking about.
- —Guest Jason
- Efren reyes ALL THE WAYYY. my dads friend used to play with him.
- —Guest Christine
Reyes and Mosconi probably best ever
- You should Wiki the name Efren Reyes and see his accomplishments and most all other living professionals today say he is the best player in modern times, maybe ever. Mosconi, Between the years of 1941 and 1957, he won the World Straight Pool Championship an unmatched fifteen times. Mosconi still holds the officially recognized straight pool high run world record of 526 consecutive balls All these other hustlers have not proven themselves in sanctioned events, so get real!
- —Guest PatrickLA
jerry wylie the coyol ee
- i watch jerry run ten racks at the virginia open in 1978 for the cash in back room buddy hall he,s a world beater huster
- —Guest leo jordan
- BY FAR THE BEST TALENTED, EVER!!! HE PLAYED IN THE LATE 70'S, AT PALICE BILLIARDS, SF UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF NINE BALL PAUL, HE WAS ABOUT 17YRS OLD.The best hustler in the room.HE robbed Mark (THE SNAKE) HADDAD, PLAYING EVEN, NINE BALL, HIS BEST GAME WAS ONE POCKET!! HE ROBED, TALL PAUL, GETING 9-7, HE WOULD HAVE BEAT HIM EVEN, THE SAME WITH, AL THE PLUMER AND DEE HULSE AND MORE. HE ALWAYS PLAYED UNDER THE RADAR, ALWAYS PLAYED WITH A HOUSE CUE.HE JOINED THE ARMY AT 19.WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE BEST HUSLERS EVER!!! HE LATER WAS A GREAT HIGH LIMIT LOW BALL PLAYER,200$ LIMIT HE ROBBED GEORGE THE GREEK HEADS UP OF 10,000$ THE GREEK, NEVER PLAYED HEADS UP AGAIN!! THE BEST POOL HUSLER EVER KNOWN?
- —Guest Peet boyko
- Gareth potts without a doubt the greatest pool player ever lived and always will be!!!
- —Guest Mark haddon
- Put them on a five x ten table and watch their game go down
- —Guest Bigtruck1
earl 'the pearl' strickland
- only one thing needin meantion they once had a bounty on who could break and run 10 straight racks of 9 ball would get 1millon and he broke and ran 11 straight and missed on a long rail bank on the 8ball in the 12th rack.
- —Guest billard fan 5
Best of All Time
- Efren "The Magician" Reyes is the best alive today but people don't know about Luther "Wimpy" Lassiter from Elizabeth City, NC who would beat Mosconi, Greenleaf, and, anyone that stepped up. I saw hime play in Philly and Kept score for the Match . He only missed when he wanted to miss.
- —Guest Bob
- Why change name just to play games ? No one will play with him if they know his real name on that time. Efren is the best 4 me
- —Guest ismael
efren the magician reyes
- this man is the best, he's humble,calm,cool and not a brag. i believed this guy is probably one of the best if not the best 9 ball player that ever live. he won so many titles. he is very smart and makes shots looks easy when they're not. stop arguing folks. efren is the man. no question.
- —Guest chino