(You need not register on this page or About.com to share your reviews and opinions in this article.) Share Your Thoughts
- over 80 titles.nuff said.People who talk bout mosconis 526 run need to no it was done on a 4by8 table with 5 in. pockets.
- —Guest dave the fireman
- Just watch his game. Althought he has no a lot of titles, he will be collecting them. he is not even 30 so U all will see in futer
- —Guest Emil
- I've heard this argued countless times and it only ends up with Efren Reyes as the victor. You have to consider the dozen or so disciplines of pool. He is by FAR the greatest all-round cue player that ever lived.
- —Guest Marvin306
Bel Air Billiards
- It's hard to answer this question. You got Mosconi, Minnesota Fats, Earl Strickland, etc...But I honestly would say the greatest pool player to ever pick up a pool cue is Efren Reyes. His knowledge on a pool table is unreal. His ability to shoot extreme shots and still get position has never been done before by anyone else. Also, no matter how old he gets, he still dazzles the audience with his magic.
- —Guest RJ Suter
- Steve "The Miz", Mizerak. He got more young people involved in the game than anyone before or since. Many league and amateur players like me were motivated by his personality and performance back in the 70's. We have now brought generations into the sport withe vast majority "playing for fun".
- —Guest john Barth
- It's Efren Reyes for me, he's the greatest pool player.
- —Guest Rene
- efren reyes allways number one...i do want to play him..............
- —Guest jair velez
bata reyes d great
- bata is the best of all time, sobra ang galing walang tatalo ni bata. alwys a great moves
- —Guest jack of danao city cebu
- Ronnie O'Sullivan is, for me, the greatest player to ever lift a cue. His positional play and quick thinking are the most incredible things I have ever seen. Add to that his ability to play equally well right or left handed and I just don't see any other player coming close. Yeah I know it's snooker but watch him play and try to disagree that he isn't the definition of genius with a cue.
- —Guest Steve
Yang Ching Shun
- Yang is the best in my opinion because he makes everything look so simple, his accuracy and que ball control is very good, I know he isn't the best for everyone when it comes to overall, but if anyone argues his jump shot ability isn't the best ever to grace a pool table. Please go play snooker instead.
- —Guest Nixedode
- No Doubt the best player ever. He always got the cash. If you made the game and had the money you were going home broke.
- —Guest Eddie Taylor
- nobody in the world can beat efren reyes during the years from 1973 to 1979. unfortunately, the world especially the americans didn't see him played then!
greatest player in his prime
- efren reyes said that at 18 or twenty, nobody in the world can beat him and he realized this when at 30, in 1985 went to texas and beat the best billiard american players
- —Guest mander
- Mosconi playing a straight pool tournament ran 526 consecitive balls in a row. Need I say more!!!!!!!! I've been around pool my whole life and never seen anything like that.
- —Guest Rick D.
- always going to be a tough question.Old days, nowdays etc. etc.Gamblers, nongamblers.east coast west coast THE SOUTH. MIDWest.IN the LATE 60s an70s in FRISCO YOU COULD GET ALL THE ACTION YOU WANTED AT COHCRANS OR THE PALACE.THE FIRST FIlli PLAYER FILLEPINO GENEor THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER COME OUT OF THE WEST DENNY SEARCY.
- —Guest rabbitt